The new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra will hit stores in a few days. If you’re still not sure if this is the right device for you, we took over 100 photos with the phone’s four cameras in different lighting conditions to see how they perform on a day-to-day basis.
As you’d expect, the main highlight of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is its 108 MP main camera which can record video at up to 8k/24, but the device has a total of four rear cameras. with an impressive periscope camera with 10x zoom. Samsung has also improved the S22 Ultra’s selfie camera, delivering sharper images and much better video.
Pre-order the Galaxy S22 Ultra (get $250 Samsung credit and free memory/RAM upgrade)
Overall, the Galaxy S22 Ultra’s hardware gives Samsung an edge over the competition. The results of this camera test show that it is certainly the most versatile smartphone on the market when it comes to capturing photos and videos. Be sure to check out the video and image gallery below to see how the cameras perform in the real world.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Camera Specifications
- 108 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm,
- 10 MP, f/4.9, 230mm (periscope telephoto), OIS, 10x optical zoom
- 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (telephoto), OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), Super Steady video
- 40MP, f/2.2, 26mm (selfie)
- Video: [email protected] (main), [email protected]/60fps (all others)
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Camera Samples